Tivo HD video skipping on recorded and live tv

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by watchdogfl, Sep 3, 2007.

1. watchdogfl

watchdogfl New Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Has anyone else had any issues like this. When watching live video or recorded video the picture skips, audio is out of sync. Often when this begins to happen, menu response takes a dive.

For example, right now I just hit left on the remote and the "Group" lettering is showing but teh menu is not, instead the video is still playing (and skipping) in the background.

Help... can anyone help with this? Is this a known bug? Note that this is not audio dropouts... this is straight up video skipping.

Update: by "live tv" i mean it doesn't skip when i'm watching live video... but if I pause, or rewind, and then play the stream, sections that looked/sounded fine when live will now skip and lock up the tivo for a few seconds, or longer.

FYI:
    Tivo HD
    Connected via Component
    2 SStream Motorola cards

If you need more info to help debug, please just let me know.

Will be calling Tivo tomorrow to see if they can help any.

2. watchdogfl

watchdogfl New Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    One bump to see if any early evening folks have seen this bug before I try tivo help desk folks.

3. d_anders

d_anders Sr Legacy Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Twin Cities...
    Sounds like faulty hardware or harddrive.

4. watchdogfl

watchdogfl New Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    I have now exchanged the tivo HD at my local CC. The great news is... I did not have to reactivate the cablecards. woohoo! I was afraid I would have to go through that fiasco again. I just plugged them in one at a time and they got their signal after a couple of minutes each.