Tivo HD Video output reverts back to fixed 720P

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by sweegle, Aug 12, 2007.

1. sweegle

sweegle New Member

Aug 12, 2007
    I'm using tivo hd with ota and analog cable. cable guy is coming on Tuesday to install cablecards.

i did a quick search but I don't see my issue discussed anywhere...my tivo keeps reverting back to fixed 720p. For example, I set it to hybrid, and it stays on hybrid, but over time it reverts back to fixed 720P. I have not figured out if any particular action sets it back to fixed.

Anyone else notice/experienced this?

:confused:

2. btwyx

btwyx Substantive Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Mountain...
    I'm having this problem now my Series 3 has been upgraded to 9.2. I've also just changed the connection to HDMI, so I was thinking this was a problem with 9.x and HDMI. How's the TV connected to your TiVo? I assume you didn't have 9.x software in August.

I've been thinking its something to do with HDMI, when the TV is switched off the TiVo notices and does something weird. I've reproduced the problem by just turning the TV off then back on again. I'm also having problems with the TV is switched on (or off) the TiVo locks up, I assume that's a related problem.

I notice when the output gets set to 720p fixed, as I can no longer change the aspect on the TV.

3. Joybob

Joybob New Member

Oct 2, 2007
    I've seen it change the display mode when it reboots.