Tivo HD upgrade questions

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jeff5656, Oct 15, 2007.

1. jeff5656

jeff5656 New Member

Oct 15, 2007

Advertisements

I am thinking of getting an HDTV which means I have to upgrade to HD tivo from the series 2. Reading this forum, it looks like I need to try to convince comcast to give me 2 "cards" so that the dual tuner function works. Is this correct? Will they really fork over 2 cards knowing full well that this competes against their own DVR?

On another note, i saw that there was a mutli tuner card available but that the Tivo HD is not compatible with this until November? A) Does comcast have this multi-tuner and b) does this mean I shouldn't by the tivo HD until it November when it comes out?

2. richsadams

richsadams Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2003
    The original TiVo Series 3 requires 2 "M" or "S" cable cards...it will not work with one "M" card at this time (requires a software upgrade). Installing two "M" cable cards will work no problem.

The new TiVo HD will work with one "M" card or 2 "S" cards.

Other cable card answers on this thread.

Cableco's are required by law to provide cable cards to customers. Comcast will usually want to come out and install the cards themselves. Schedule an appointment and give the tech the installation guideline sheet that comes with the TiVo S3 or TiVo HD. NOTE: Make sure they install one card at a time and you should be good to go. :up: