TiVo HD subscription pricing as 2d TiVO

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by tripmaster, Jul 26, 2007.

1. tripmaster

tripmaster New Member

May 27, 2003

Advertisements

I thought that second TiVos get umbrelled under your main TiVo's account, and is only $6.95. I want to buy a TiVo HD as 2d DVR, replacing my Series 2.

Has anyone gotten the $6.95 sub?

2. tripmaster

tripmaster New Member

May 27, 2003
    And this is confusing - i read that to read a discount is only available on a monthly plan, not a lifetime plan.

How can I qualify for a Multi-Service Discount?

To qualify to receive a Multi-Service Discount you must have an active, up to date TiVo Service Account with one of the following Payment Plans:

~ Prepaid
    ~ Monthly
    ~ Annual
    ~ Product Lifetime Service

How do I receive a Multi-Service Discount?

While any Service Plan will qualify as the primary plan, a Multi-Service Discount can be applied only to additional DVRs that are under a Monthly TiVo Service Plan.

If you qualify to receive a Multi-Service Discount, the discounted price will appear on your monthly billing statement when you add a new Monthly TiVo Service Plan to your account.

3. shady

shady Previously European TCF Club

May 31, 2002
    Morgan...
    No, It just means that if you were able to buy a Lifetime plan, you would have to pay full price for it.

4. Eitel

Eitel Active Member

Aug 25, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    Either buy from retail and have it activated under your account, or, if you want to order from Tivo directly, log first into your account and go the the shop area. You will then see the options with MSD pricing.

5. SugarBowl

SugarBowl Member

Jan 4, 2007
    north carolina

Advertisements

You have to sign the 3yr contract. Then the price is $6 off the 3yr contract's monthly price. Which comes out to be $6.95 a month.

Tivo dropped lifetime to give easier, more flexible pricing options.. :rolleyes:

6. tripmaster

tripmaster New Member

May 27, 2003
    Youre saying no discount under a lifetime plan?

7. Ishma

Ishma New Member

Sep 8, 2006
    Your lifetime "qualifies" you for MSD. However, to get the MSD pricing you need to signuup for a monthly plan. TiVo will take $6 off whatever plan you sign up for.

Best deal is 3yr monthly $12.95-6 = $6.95 /month

8. dolfer

dolfer Miles Standish Proud

Nov 3, 2000
    Milford,...
    If you read the very easy to understand rules and regulations you can easily see that you DO get the discount! ;)

Ishma summed up the best way to get the lowest rate. $6.95 a month, which is $6 off a 3 year monthly plan...