Tivo HD Remote with Samsung LN-S3251D

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jessefm, Aug 6, 2007.

1. jessefm

jessefm New Member

Aug 6, 2007
    New Tivo User having some difficulty with the Tivo HD and my HD TV, the Samsung LN-S3251D. I have tried all of the Universal Remote codes the Tivo displayed for use, but I have never been able to get the channel up/down to work. Using the first code 0306 I have had the best results, getting Power, Volume, Mute and Input to work, but I really need the channels up/down working. I havent seen anything about my model TV online in the forums here or at AVS. Has anyone had any similar issues or solutions? Thanks for any help you all might have.

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    This a 10-250 dtivo or series 3 SA tivo remote?

3. ldc3000

ldc3000 Member

Jun 24, 2004
    NC

Try 0305. Thats what I use on my LN-S4092. Works fine the remote has to be pointed in the direction of the ir sensor.

4. jessefm

jessefm New Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Edmund, to be honest I dont know what kind of remote, it appears as though it is the exact same on as the one which comes with the Series 2 Dual Tuner (thats thew only other tivo I have used) It certainly is not the nice Glo remote pictured with the Series 3.

ldc3000, I was mistake earlier when I said I was using 0306, I was actually already using 0305, and it works pretty well, I do wish I had the cahnnel button working, but in the end its to too bad.

Thank you all.

5. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Des Moines. IA
    I asked what kind of remote it is because only Directivo remotes have the TV CH Up & Down keys. No SA tivo remote has these keys or commands. The SA tivo remote has a DVR1/DVR2, where a Directivo remote has a SAT/TV switch. On the Directivo remote, you only have the TV CH Up & Down when the switch is in the TV position, in SAT position it controls the Sat up & down channels.

Different types of tivo remotes:

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/tivoburkee/img_0318.jpg

6. johnnylundy

johnnylundy New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Standard TiVo remote does not change the television set's channels, only the volume. The channel up/down is for changing the channel on the TiVo. Since you have a dual-tuner (the HD), there is no reason to change the channels on the television anyway - all channel selection should be done through the TiVo.

7. jessefm

jessefm New Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Thanks everyone, it appears I was confused about the functioning of the remote for direct changing of channels on the TV.