Tivo HD Photos / Pictures

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by dmittelstadt, Sep 22, 2007.

1. dmittelstadt

dmittelstadt New Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Hi:

My apologies if this is a redundant thread. I am wondering how to get the best quality I can through the TV for viewing photos. I have one of the new $300 HD TiVos and just installed TiVo Desktop. It has a great UI for allowing access to photos by the TiVo. The problem is, though, that the pictures look much worse than they do on my desktop. Any tips on how to improve this?

I noticed on Server Properties in the TiVo Desktop there is an option to preview Photos 2.0 with HD support. In installed a JRE (I think 1.6) sort of in line with the instructions (they suggested 1.5), but when I restarted Desktop there didn't appear to be any difference. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to notice something on my Windows box or on the TV. Any info on what Photos 2.0 does in support of HD? I imagine if I could flip a toggle somewhere that they pictures might show up in HD and look better.

Any help appreciated, Thanks,
    Dan

2. jhimmel

jhimmel Member

Dec 27, 2002
    If you have enabled photo's 2.0 on TiVo Desktop, you should see TWO photo applications on your TiVo - the old one and the 2.0 version.

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    The HD one is the one with the icon next to it under Music, Photos, Products, & More.