Tivo HD not visible to Bolts or Mini Vox

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Dave Albert, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Dave Albert

Dave Albert New Member

Nov 6, 2016

Advertisements

I have two Bolts, several mini-Vox, and a Tivo HD. I want to use the HD to test viability of replacing cable with OTA+streaming; I connected the HD to an antenna and it receives plenty of channels and records them just fine, but neither the HD nor its recordings are visible on any of the newer devices (i.e. not listed under My Shows -> Devices).

I know it is networked properly (all devices use Ethernet) because I can access it from a PC using Tivo Desktop. Is there a trick to getting the newer devices to see the HD?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    No, if its on v21, Hydra of the Tivo OS. Removed feature.

Series 3 is now unsupported and would not work on online.tivo.com to initiate transfers.

3. Dave Albert

Dave Albert New Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Thank you ThAbtO, that's disappointing but not surprising, I guess planned obsolescence is the modern way. I'll have to explore other approaches to OTA.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    You also cannot use Minis with any Tivo with less than 4 tuners. Series 3 are not compatible with Minis.
    TE4/Hydra/v21 had the feature, transfers from PCs-to-Tivo removed.
    You can regain Tivo-to-Tivo, Pc-to-Tivo transfers by downgrading (actually upgrading from awful Hydra), by going back to v20.7.4/TE3. You will have to lose everything, shows, passes, like starting fresh on Roamio, some Bolts. You would also lose the voice feature.