Tivo HD issue jumping forward after fast forward

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by tswyatt21, Aug 27, 2007.

1. tswyatt21

tswyatt21 New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    I searched through several of the Tivo HD problem threads and didn't see a known issue.

Has anyone noticed a problem with their Tivo HD where when you are watching a previously recorded program and are fast forwarding when you push play it moves forward instead of going backward? Like if I push play while fas forwarding at the 7 minute mark it will go forward to the 8 minute mark? It doesn't happen every time with every recording and seems to only happen when using the 2nd and 3rd levels of fast forward.

My series 2 doesn't do this.

2. TexasAg

TexasAg New Member

Apr 2, 2006
    It was a known problem with the Series 3 before the latest software upgrade fixed it. Are you with Verizon Fios? It seemed to happen more to those users.

3. tswyatt21

tswyatt21 New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Nope, Brighthouse Communications. I have seen it happen with both SD and HD content. Like I said, doesn't happen every time. Just enough to make you mad :)

I thought that the latest Tivo HD update had cured the problem but it crept up again with Jaws in HD over the weekend.

4. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Are they using Scientific Atlanta CableCards?

If so, that is probably the cause. Tivo has a software patch in testing now eliminate the issues -- including pixelization, audio dropouts, and skips -- associated with SA CableCards. Tivo posted last week that release was a few weeks off, so we should see it within the next two weeks.

5. tswyatt21

tswyatt21 New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    I will have to double check but I believe my cards are both Motorola. Will it cause problems if I eject my cards to look? I haven't had any of the pixelation issues that others have mentioned.

6. Brighton Line

Brighton Line Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've seen this issue on a couple of recorded shows, I have SA Cable cards in a Tivo HD and have the macroblocking issue as well on the B2 release of the software. I was going to wait for the next patch release before making an issue as it only happens on a few recorded shows that I notice.

7. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    Under Settings -> CableCard -> Cable Card Menu -> CableCard Status it will tell you the manufacturer of your CableCards.

8. tswyatt21

tswyatt21 New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    So, I finally checked and both of my Cable Cards are Motorola.