TiVo HD is not supported by TiVo Website platform? Are you sure!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Abextra, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Abextra

Abextra Member

Jul 6, 2013

Advertisements

I would like to know if any of you TiVoHD users can see your device in device preferences? I have one HD box that is there and another that will not show up. Tier 2 Tech Support cant figure it out and has taken the easy road on my Case number. Read below...

Thank you for contacting TiVo Customer Support! This is in response to the issue about naming your TiVo box using TiVo website.

We apologized to informed you that for Series 3 dvr, is not compatible for the TiVo Website platform. We understand that there are other Series 3 boxes still able to access or changed the name on the website but the platform of this device and The technology on Series 1 - 4 cannot support all of our current user features.

In order to contact us please call 877-367-8486 or email through My Support at www.tivo.com/mysupport using Case No.10047XXX.

Replies directly to this email will not be received.

Sincerely,
    Jeth
    TiVo Customer Support

2. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    S3 boxes have not been able to use the TiVo website for many years now.

3. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Watching telly, drinking wine - Lily Allen TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    Two different things.

S3/HDs are not supported for "TiVo Online", the remote scheduling/streaming interface. However, a properly configured S3/HD should still show under your Devices listing in your TiVo account.

4. Abextra

Abextra Member

Jul 6, 2013
    I wanted to rename my 2nd S3/HD box and this can only be done in device settings. I was able to do this year 2012 with my 1st S3/HD box. Myself and 2nd tier tech support have been unable to get the 2nd box to be listed in device settings. However they all show up in my devices! If it can be done one time and should be possible to do it again.

Maybe too busy trying to get the bugs out of TiVo Stream! :)

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

I seem to recall someone else reported an issue with this when they transferred an S3/HD with lifetime to their account after TiVo dropped support for these models (ie the ability to add a subscription if they did not have lifetime service).

I can see all the S3/HD on my account but they all have lifetime service and have been on my account for 10-14 years. What's the history of the one you can't see? When did you add it to your account?

Scott

6. kdmorse

kdmorse Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    All I can say concretely is that yes, my HD does show up under Device Preferences (as does my original S3, and even a Series2 Nightlight Model), and I can change its name there. So if there was a grand purge, they didn't get all of them.

That said, the HD (and S3/S2) are no longer in use. All sitting on a shelf unplugged.

Additionally if the goal is simply to rename the box, you should be able to do that on the box itself. IIRC the option is well buried, but "Device Name" is in the menu somewhere.