TiVo HD in, and it works!!

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by mezclador, Sep 28, 2007.

1. mezclador

mezclador New Member

May 25, 2002
    Montclair, NJ
    Well, last November or December I had a series 3 that I was trying to get Comcast to install. I left a whole slew of messages on this forum about this. Even after 4 Comcast visits, i couldn't get the damn thing to work, so I sent it back, heartbroken. (I can't STAND the Motorola DVR!!) Well, I just switched to Verizon, and decided to give it another go, so I got the new TiVo HD. It took Verizon about 15 minutes to install, complete, and perfect. I am a happy man, free of Comcast (who really didn't much like the idea of Tivo), and blessed with aworking TiVo at last!!

Dominick

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
  3. acvthree

acvthree Active Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Carrollton,...
    Don't mean to rain on your attempt to rain on someones parade, but that's THREE years out. Minium. Major equipment changes in the CO. New ONTs. New tehcnology all down the line. New FCC.

If anything, Tivo should have an advantage in this area.

It's a real stretch to try to make someone nervous over this.

Al

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    That was not my intent at all - I merely wanted to point it out so the user would be aware of what's coming, and I agree 3+ years is plenty of time to justify enjoying the Tivo. Unfortunately it's not like cable is exactly safe either what with the threat of SDV looming (but hopefully a USB dongle solution will take care of that). Seems like OTA is the only 100% safe bet for the long haul right now...

5. acvthree

acvthree Active Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Carrollton,...
    You pounced on the guy 10 minutes after he posted.

Of course it is not safe. There is no 100% safe purchase of technology. Never had been. Probably never will. (Don't enjoy that radio...haven't you heard about television)

Your entire information is one announcement from Verizon. We can all provide stacks of announcements that have been made that never come to fruition or are long delayed from the first, always optimistic, announcement. Hasn't Verizon made serveral future product announcements based on Fios that have never seen the light of day?

Every technology purchase has an end of useful life point. Every technology has scores of companies thinking of ways to make it obsolete.

Companies adapt.
    Products change.
    Consumers update their purchases.

It happens all the time.

But lets not enjoy what we have. Let's always worry that we made a mistake. Lets always wait for the one 100% safe technology purchase.

Al

6. mezclador

mezclador New Member

May 25, 2002
    Montclair, NJ
    Thanks everyone but I personally am not worried. If they are just announcing this, then it's probbly TEN years away. Anyway, if I get three years out of this TiVo, I'll be plenty happy.

Dominick