Tivo HD - Don't see videos shared by my PC

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by BiggerBoat, Sep 3, 2007.

1. BiggerBoat

BiggerBoat New Member

Sep 3, 2007

Advertisements

I have a relatively new Tivo HD. I've installed Tivo desktop (v2.5). I've shared some photos which are showing up fine under the "Music, Photos, Products & More" menu.

I have also dropped several videos into my My Documents/My TiVo Recordings folder. However, I cannot see any of these videos (or any indication of my computer) on my Now Playing list. I have dropped several different file types, including quicktime, MPEG 1 and 2, AVI and WMV. Nothing has appeared in my menu.

Any idea how to start troubleshooting this? Everything seems to be fine with photos, but I can't get the videos to show up.

2. EVizzle

EVizzle ^^MacGvyer^^

Feb 13, 2005
    St. Paul, MN
    I do not believe that the Tivo HD currently allows for video transfer to or from the box.

3. F8ster

F8ster The Very Last One

May 26, 2002
    You're correct. See this TiVo support posting for more info:

http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/forums/displaypost?postID=10330167

To quote the post: "the problem is not with the desktop software not supporting transfers. it is able to do so today as it the series 3 hardware.

the issue is with cable labs (which the cable companies have a large stake in) and device certification. "

4. BiggerBoat

BiggerBoat New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Ah, thanks. I was under the impression that video transfers were disabled FROM the Tivo. I didn't realize that there were also disabled sending video TO the device.

Bummer. I sure hope they deal with this soon. It really limits the usefulness of the Tivo.