Tivo HD disappears from Premiere "My Shows"

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by 1idjack, Oct 4, 2011.

1. 1idjack

1idjack New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Saint...
    For the last couple of days, my Tivo HD no longer appears on my Premiere XL. The Premiere shows up on my Tivo HD.
    Here's the weird thing:
    I restarted my Premiere, and the HD shows up. I set up some programs to transfer from the HD to the Premiere. While the transfer is in progress, I look at "My Shows", and the HD no longer appears, but the transfer continues and completes successfully.
    I have done this three times now.
    I have wired ethernet and recently replaced the XL drive with a 2Tb Samsung, but have changed nothing else.
    Anyone else with a similar problem, or a possible diagnosis/fix?

2. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    I also have a TiVo HD and a Premiere, both hardwired. Last night I noticed that one of them was missing from the other's list of recordings, but I forget which. I wasn't planning any transfers, so I didn't worry about it. Today they're both there. I had power-cycled my router a couple of times, so maybe one TiVo got assigned a new IP number or something else network-related caused it.

3. Ed_Hunt

Ed_Hunt Pokerpro

Jan 2, 2004
    Patterson,...
    This happens to me constantly, either my Premier doesn't show up on my 3 or my now playing folder doesn't show up on my Premier. Rebooting the Premier solves the problem, sometimes it resolves itself. I figure it's got to do with the connection problems I see for the Premier and it will get sorted out by Tivo.

4. Resist

Resist Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2003
    I've had this issue for years between my old Series 3 and single tuner Series 2. Apparently Tivo still hasn't fixed this issue.

Currently I'm still having the problem, now between my Series 3, Tivo HD and new Premiere. Although it's been pretty stable for the last week. Just have to see how long it lasts.

5. ltxi

ltxi New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Colorado
    Same issues. Rebooting normally works. Or just leaving it alone if I don't want to transfer anything(else) until it self corrects.

6. dbenrosen

dbenrosen New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    New Jersey
    You should be able to fix the problem by going into the Message&Settings->Network and going through the steps to set up the network again. Do this on the TiVo that you are looking at the Now Playing (or My Shows) list and not seeing the other TiVo. So, if you are on the HD and don't see the Premiere listed in the Now Playing list, do this on the HD (I hope that is clear).

This is much faster than a reboot and has worked for me in the past when I had this problem years ago between my HD and S3.

7. 1idjack

1idjack New Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Saint...
    The problem wasn't that the Premiere couldn't communicate with the TivoHD. After a reboot, the HD is there and I can set up a transfer. Shortly, the HD will have disappeared from the bottom of the "My Shows" list, even though the blue transfer light is on and a transfer is still in progress.
    Fortunately, after many reboots, the problem seems to have resolved itself, as it has for some of you.

8. Leon WIlkinson

Leon WIlkinson TiVo Gone Wild

Feb 13, 2000
    TiVo Town
    I had this trouble but since changing my wireless channel settings I have had no trouble, I do have one TiVo wired now too.