TiVO HD - Comcast PPV

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by BankZ, Aug 21, 2007.

1. BankZ

BankZ New Member

Aug 16, 2007

Advertisements

When I bought I TiVo I understood I could not get VOD or PPV. My plan is/was to keep a cable box just in case I wanted to watch PPV. I am a boxing fan and about 3-4 times a year I want to watch a PPV fight.

I was reading something that said I could get PPV with TiVo. I just needed to call and order it (i.e. can't order via the box). Anyone know if this is true? if so I could drop the box and save $5-10 a month.

2. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    It likely varies with the provider, whether they can or will authorise cablecards with PPV orders.

3. d_anders

d_anders Sr Legacy Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Twin Cities...
    I've kept the JD box just for on-demand. With my HBO subscription, I like getting it. Plus, right now it's been helpful to have as I'm seeing random pixelation issues directly on the cable box..just I've seen on the TiVoHD...so I've been able to deduce my infrequent pixelation issue is mostly likely related to my cable signal, not by TiVoHD box.

If you just have a standard def box, you should tell Comcast that you are now willing to return it, but you are willing to keep it to access pay-per-view access. If you are actually ordering movies and content from time-to-time, if you ask, I bet Comcast will waive the extra cost...just to maintain the PPV revenue stream with you.

I asked Comcast in St. Paul this, and they're willing to do it with a standard def box...but they won't right now with an HD box...