Tivo HD, Comcast, Error Code 161-1

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tfleming23, Sep 17, 2007.

1. tfleming23

tfleming23 New Member

Dec 28, 2006
    I got Tivo HD and on Saturday Comcast came to install my cable cards. They got the one installed without issue. The 2nd one he got Error Code 161-1. Neither the installer or the person he talked to on the phone knew what the error code was or how to fix it. He left with me just having 1 working signal.

Now I have 2 questions....

1) How does this get fixed so I can tell Comcast when they send someone back out?

2) How can I get a straight signal to my 2nd tuner again. Right now it is only allowing me to use 1 of the 2 tuners on the tivo, I'd be happy if I could at least get the basic cable stations on the 2nd tuner so I could utilize both tuners.

Thanks for the help.

Tom

2. aztivo

aztivo Member

Feb 23, 2005
    AZ
    1. please use the search function this has been talked about to death
    2. If you have 1 cable card in then it becomes a single tunner unit, so either remove the cable card and use OTA to get 2 tunners of just use the one. till you get the other problem resolved

3. tfleming23

tfleming23 New Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Thank you for your answer. I am sorry to offend you without using the "search" function, but am not a frequent poster and do not have that information, sorry to offend your sensitivities.

4. tfleming23

tfleming23 New Member

Dec 28, 2006
    I used the search and the only thing I could find was error code 161-4, which is not the one that corresponds to my issue. Also, everything that came up was with Series 3, not Tivo HD

5. aztivo

aztivo Member

Feb 23, 2005
    AZ