Tivo HD/Charter HD Troubleshoot Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by yakima2k, Dec 26, 2007.

1. yakima2k

yakima2k New Member

Jan 17, 2005

Advertisements

I picked up a Tivo HD around Thanksgiving and had Charter install an M-Card and most of the time it works okay, but I think I'd definitely describe it as "buggy". Hopefully the tivocommunity experts can give me an assist...

Basically, I've got two issues - one picture and one sound

1) From time to time a number of the HD channels and a number of my premium movie channels just disappear and I get the grey screen. What's odd is all the HD channels except CBS-HD disappear, and only a handful of the other premium channels go, My question is do you think this is a Tivo problem (the way the CableCard and the Tivo are working together) or a problem with the feed? The cutout usually lasts about 5-10 minutes and then cuts back on.

2) First some of the analog channels have a very weird echo (I noticed it in my recordings of The Office on TBS). It manifests itself as kind of a helicopter sound during certain types of sound - for example it "helicopters" the theme music to The Office. Second issue is that I get sort of a skip on my CBS-HD channel from time to time - the audio feed sort of pops out for a split second and then comes back. Only happens on the CBS-HD feed. No clue on either.

I've tried all the setting combinations I can fathom to correct either problem. My Tivo is connected by hdmi to my Panasonic plasma and by optical to my Pioneer receiver.

Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated!!!