TiVo HD Channel list problem...

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by bdavidson, Aug 31, 2007.

1. bdavidson

bdavidson New Member

Jan 6, 2004

Advertisements

I have two new TiVo HD units and I am having problems getting the "channels you receive" options to stick form the channel list.

I go into the channel list, un-check the channels I don't want, then select done and when I go to the guide, most (but not all) of the channels are still in the guide. If I go back to the edit channel list. Most of the channels I just unchecked are now still checked.

I confirmed on the guide options that the guide is set to channels you receive and not all channels. I'm not a new TiVo user. I have had Quite a few various TiVos over the last 5+ years.

Any ideas?

Brad

2. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Is your guide set to only show channels you receive and not All channels? I have seen the issue with channels still being checked in the channel list but if you select the channel, the check usually goes away. I think this happens when the box is still indexing the data. Did you just set this up?

3. bdavidson

bdavidson New Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Yes the guide is set to show channels you receive. The boxes were set up Wednesday (three days ago).

4. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    DC Metro Area
    I had this same problem during setup when I was tried to remove (uncheck) several hundred channels at once. Some channels were removed from the list while others were not. It took me several attempts to remove all the channels I wanted. At the time, I thought it was a bug that would only let me remove a few dozen channels at a time.

Like rainwater said, I think this happens while the TivoHD is still processing (indexing) guide data in the background. Since that initial setup last month, I have not had any trouble adding or removing channels from the list.