TiVo Hang on Thumbs Advertisement

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Stormspace, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Stormspace

Stormspace Electrocuted by TiVo

Apr 13, 2004
    Hartsville, SC

Advertisements

Last night we were watching "So you think you can Dance" live and the ad came up for the show. The cool thumb appeared in the upper right hand corner and my wife hit the thumb up to setup a season pass and recording options. Next few menus went ok until the season pass confirmation screen came up. Typically after this screen the TiVo will revert to live TV again, but in our case the TiVo hung. 5 minutes went by with the warm red light on the face of the TiVo telling us the program was recording (We had set up a recording at best quality once the show started) but we had a empty screen (no text, just tivo guy and background). Finally I pulled the plug and we restarted the TiVo during a commercial break after our daughter told us it had started.

When the TiVo came back up we were missing everything after the time we hit the thumbs up on the ad. Is this a bug anyone has experienced?

2. Stormspace

Stormspace Electrocuted by TiVo

Apr 13, 2004
    Hartsville, SC
    Again we have experienced a TiVo thumb bug. Last night during the first airing of House the thumb appeared during a commerical. The thumb stuck and didn't clear until I exited the show and started it back up, 2 minutes into the show from the commercial break.

3. quarkman97

quarkman97 All mobbed up!

Nov 17, 2002
    Brewcity, WI
    I had this happen to me once. It stayed with me throughout the show. I pushed thumbs up and then pressed cancel or no when it asked me if I wanted more info. I found that was the only way to get rid of it.

It has only happen to me once or twice though...

4. mchips

mchips TiVo Fanatic

Feb 21, 2003
    Midwest
    Pressing Clear on the remote will get rid of it...