TIVO hack success, networking questions

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by govee, Oct 30, 2007.

1. govee

govee New Member

Oct 30, 2007

Advertisements

First of all thanks for the forum ! It provided a lot of assistance to this point.
    I have just completed a hack of my Dual Tuner Direct TV TIVO Series 2 DVR. The install went very well. I know have 480 Hrs of recording capability! I also now have Caller ID and I can use the browser to adress the Tivo. I cant get the Networking down. I will try and give a good archetual view of my network. I have a cable modem hooked to my Netgear Wirless router. I have the Tivo connected via a trendnet usb-ethernet adapter to the lan side of the router. i have a switch connected to another lan port for other computers that are location and wireless disadvantaged. All computers share the network well. I can Telnet with a wireless or ethernet connection. I can use the Tivowebplus. I tried using Tivotogo 2.5 but saw reports of issues with hacked Directivos using anything more recent than 2.3a. I rolled back to 2.3a - no DVR available. I tried tried using secure web addressing and connection always failed. I installed TYShow to get the stream to work from web and whether I use MPC or WMP both launch then crash. I really am not smart enough at this point to make an educated guess at which way would be the best to stream to my laptop but I really want to get it working. I did try different variations of port fowarding to no avail.

2. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    Try VLC. Stealthdave posted new ty plugins at ddb recently. You only need to "roll back" Tivo Desktop if you're using a directv tivo.