Tivo Guide Suggestion

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by steve614, Sep 17, 2007.

1. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Idea from this thread.

Have the Tivo make a notation in the guide (dot, star, whatever) next to shows that are scheduled to record.

2. willp2

willp2 Member

Sep 15, 2007
    This would be a big improvement, count me in!

3. ITGuy72

ITGuy72 New Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Yes, the guide should show what is scheduled to be recorded. Preferably with some notation of Season Passes, Wishlists and Suggestions.

4. szatkoff

szatkoff Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Des Plaines, IL
    I would like to see this as well.

5. wer

wer New Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Yes, this would be nice.

6. fred2

fred2 Member

Jan 20, 2006
    I'll sign on. I mentioned in the original thread that I still (new to dual tuners) check the guide to see what is GOING TO RECORD. I do this particularly, when I spontaneously start watching a 2 hour movie. But I would like to know if I've got stuff already scheduled to record in what would be the second hour of the movie. I'd rather know and plan in advance how to deal with the fact that the current movie will be dumped as the two recordings start up. If the guide showed a recording(S) was in my future I would plan accordingly.

7. TerpBE

TerpBE Go Terps!

Jan 23, 2003
    Philly 'burbs
    This is one of the only features that my Comcast DVR had that Tivo doesn't. Come on, Tivo, get on the ball! I want to look at the grid and quickly determine if there are any shows that will be on that I'm not already recording. Repeatedly switching between the guide and ToDo List just isn't user-friendly.

8. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    Yeah, this is something TiVo is noticeably missing.

9. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Or a little red ball, check, double check or TiVo guy icon, just like you see elsewhere on the TiVo (to do list et al).

10. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    I've suggested this before too, so natch, I support it! Not having this is a definite defect, in my view.

11. Sun Viking

Sun Viking New Member

Mar 28, 2005
    My old ReplayTV had this and it was great.

12. bdraw

bdraw Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Yeah, add me to this one.

It is very useful to me to be able to see whats on that evening and what's set to record. As it is currently I have to keep switching between the todo list and the guide which is silly since all that is needed is a simple marker in the guide.

13. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Retired

Aug 22, 2007
    Valley of...
    :up::D

14. texaspacm

texaspacm New Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Yes. I just got Tivo and my old cable DVR highlighted the show red if it was scheduled to be recorded.

15. gravy741

gravy741 New Member

Dec 5, 2006
    I have long wanted this.

16. bcwaller

bcwaller New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    One more thumbs up for this!

17. philhu

philhu User Since Day ONE!

Apr 11, 2001
    Funcity, AZ
    Well, it can be a record due to Season Pass, scheduled recording or suggestion.

I think the 'red ball' should be a red/yellow or green ball to signify why it is being recorded.

And yes, it is a major lacking point.

18. renkablue

renkablue New Member

Sep 16, 2007
    Add me to this wish list. I agree that the switching back and forth with the to do list and the guide is redundant.

Hope TIVO will include it on their next software update.

19. WayneCarter

WayneCarter Active Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Yup, me too.

I test that a show I'm interested in is scheduled for recording by "pointing to it" in the Guide and pressing "Select" - this brings up the "Scheduled For Recording" menu ("Record as Planned", " ... other options") if the program is currently scheduled for recording. If the program is not already scheduled for recording, "Select" brings up the "Upcoming Program" menu, from which you can add the program to the schedule. I find this process easier than switching to the ToDo List, but I've long wondered why TiVo has no way of seeing what's to be recorded while viewing the Guide.