Tivo guide information messed up

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by skf805, Nov 26, 2011.

1. skf805

skf805 New Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Hello,
    I have had my tivo series 3 for about 2 years and until recently i have never had cable cards in my tivo. Before I put the cable cards in everything worked fine but I wouldn't receive HD channels.

I decided to finally put the the cable cards in and I thought everything was working fine until I realized that certain channels didn't have any guide information. I receive all of my channels but channels 30-77 don't have any guide information and just display "to be announced". THis is a problem because those channels have certain shows that needed to be recorded.

I called Time warner cable and the tech came over and said he fixed it and that it would take a couple hours for the guide information to updated. Still no update and I rebooted the Tivo twice already. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    'Could be a number of things.

That's what they always say when they want to blow you off. It's pure horse pookey.

You are going to have to pester them. Be sure to take down names and employee IDs of everyone, and make it obvious you are taking down their
    name and ID.

3. blackngold75

blackngold75 Active Member

Mar 9, 2010
    Northern...
    Did you try forcing a connection to the Tivo service? Rebooting won't cause it to load the guide data.

4. Stone1555

Stone1555 ./1337

Dec 19, 2008
    Your cable provider doesn't provide the guide info. you will have to call TiVo to get that fixed:

UDCPS cannot access any two-way services, such as:

On Demand programming
    On-screen program guide

---

As long as you're getting the picture their end is fine.

5. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Sounds like you don't have the correct channel lineup selected.
    Either redo guided setup or channel fix.

Also, including your location in the sig line, can be helpful with troubleshooting. As most problems are regional.

*INSTRUCTIONS for CHANNEL FIX:
    go to messages & settings>
    settings>
    channels>
    channel list>
    press enter button?

Have 30 to 45 minutes for this procedure, up front, as you have to answer some questions. Once TiVo connects to the server. Turn the tv off and walk away for a couple of hours..