Tivo guide data appears to be off by one hour in some places

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by marckb, Oct 29, 2011.

1. marckb

marckb New Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Here's an interesting one:

A few minutes ago, I was trying to grab an upcoming episode of a show this morning for my daughter ("Jessie" on Disney HD). Using the search function, I discovered an episode that was airing at 9 a.m. this morning. The episode is 30 minutes, and it was 9:25. My daughter just wanted to see the last 5 minutes so this was perfect.

Except that after I set the recording up, no recording started. There was also no "Watch Now" option, since the show was supposed to be on at this moment.

So I went to the To Do List, where I discovered that the episode I had set up to record was actually airing at 10:00 -- an hour later.

We discovered that when we "Search" for shows, we are consistently getting a time for the show that is one hour earlier than when the show is ACTUALLY going to air.

It's like part of Tivo's data has switched to daylight standard time eight days before DST is supposed to start.

Has anyone else noticed this?

2. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    Where are you located? What model TiVo?

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It's just a display issue with TiVo Search. It will be correct in a few weeks. However, why TiVo hasn't fixed this is beyond me.

4. marckb

marckb New Member

Oct 21, 2011
    jfh3 -- we have a Tivo Premiere, and we're in the Chicago area.

Thanks for the info on them being aware of the problem. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

mlb