TiVo guide can't find sports

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by bosox18, Sep 9, 2011.

1. bosox18

bosox18 New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I've got an odd problem with the Guide. As long as I've had the TiVo (at least seven years), I've been able to set the guide to check my Favorite channels for any sporting events going on. A much appreciated features.

A few weeks ago, however, when I searched for sports it would say that "no channels match the current category filter and channel list." This despite the fact that whole channels are devoted to just sports, and I was watching one at that very moment.

I tried switching from favorite channels to all channels, but no luck. I tried searching just for sports/baseball and there was nothing. I tried sports/football and nothing (though last week that worked once). Sports/tennis worked fine.

I can search for other things (movies, for instance) without any problem. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

2. bosox18

bosox18 New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Tried doing what TiVo support suggested. Checked to make sure the channels were all selected. Forced TiVo to connect. Rebooted, a couple of times. Still the Guide can't find any sporting events.

Any suggestions? Anyone?

3. RMBittner

RMBittner Member

Aug 19, 2003
    Charlotte,...
    I just tried this on my first-gen S3, and it worked fine.

Since the on-screen Guide seems to be keyed to a specific time-frame (as indicated in the menu you get when you press Guide/Enter), isn't it just possible that there were no sporting events -- other than tennis;) -- being broadcast at that particular moment? Because it did pull up tennis; it did work fine for other categories (like movies, which will always be on); it pulled up football at one point. Did you go directly to any of the channels you mentioned that run sports all the time? Do you know that live sporting events were actually being shown then?

Try this: Set your Guide to this coming Saturday afternoon -- when you should have listings for lots of college football games, European soccer, etc. -- and try filtering for sports; do you get any results for that?

I know you said you were watching sports-related programming when you originally encountered this, and that program didn't show up either. I'm wondering if that's simply because of how that show was identifying itself to TiVo. Did you notice whether its description included "sports"? If not, that's likely why your Guide filtering didn't reveal it.

Possible?

Bob