Tivo going to sleep when it shouldn't

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by MidrangeMan, Apr 25, 2019.

1. MidrangeMan

MidrangeMan New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Chicago, IL

Advertisements

I've got a Tivo roamio with software version 21.9.something (I'm not at home, so I can't look it up directly).

For some reason the Tivo goes to sleep even though I have power savings turned off.

Anyone know why it might be doing this?

Thanks!

david

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Presumably, the setting didn't take. There's always the old standby of restarting the machine, if you haven't yet done so.

3. MidrangeMan

MidrangeMan New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Power savings had never been activated before, but I am restarting it.

4. lman

lman Member

Nov 14, 2006
    If you have remote contol setting "wake with Tivo button" set to yes the TV power button will now shut down the TIVO. It does the same thing on my BOLT. I don't like losing the buffer every time I power down my system, but I need to use the HDMI for my AV system.

MidrangeMan likes this.
  5. MidrangeMan

MidrangeMan New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Chicago, IL

Advertisements

Thank you! That’s exactly what the problem was.

David

6. funchefchick

funchefchick FunChefChick

Feb 15, 2014
    Aha, I think this is what is happening with my Roamio since the last update: When I turn on my Samsung tv with my Tivo remote it says 'no signal' until I hit the Tivo button. Then everything works, but there is no buffer on any channels. Why did this just start with this update, and is that by design? I hate losing the buffer when I power down either - and my Kitchen Bolt loses connection with the Tivo boxes when they go to standby mode, too.! Dangit. Is this something that they are working on? Does anyone know? Thanks!