Tivo Full at 13%%

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by rkshack, Feb 11, 2021.

1. rkshack

rkshack Member

May 6, 2002

Advertisements

I have a tivo edge that I got through a tivo swap when my bolt died. Recently recordings are being delete for space but my recordings are currently 13% of capacity. When I go into suggestions there are 982 recordings though. It seems like the suggestions are not being deleted for room. Is this a settings issue? What do I do?

rkshack

2. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    The usual culprit is too many KUID entries in your OnePasses, if you setup your OPs with Keep Until I delete, that's your issue, it's not the suggestions.

Dan203 likes this.
  3. pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    Do you find the suggested recordings are relevant to your interests and do you watch them? If not, turn off Suggestions.

Most people have found the Suggestions useless on the TE4 software that runs on the Edge.

4. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    This is the answer. Any recording that is in the To Do List that is set to Keep Until I Delete is counted as if it's already taking up space.

5. rkshack

rkshack Member

May 6, 2002

Advertisements

I don't have many shows on keep until I delete. Probably 4 shows. I told it to delete all of suggestions and it deleted about 800 and won't delete any more. I'm trying to delete recently deleted shows and that fails. I get an error that says your request can not be processed. I have 118 shows that are listed as keep until space needed but those shows are not getting deleted.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    How many episodes of those shows are in the To Do List? Ever single one listed in To Do counts as if it's already been recorded and is taking up space on the drive. Also they estimate how much space will be required using bitrates that are probably higher than what your cable company actually uses so a KUID item in the To Do List could be taking up 2x as much space as the final recording will actually require.

Suggestions don’t take space. They are always the first thing deleted when something you actually request is recorded. So there is no reason to manually delete them. Although there are a few weird bugs with suggestions when the TiVo is full so you might want to just disable them if you're not actually using them.

Unless you've run into some unknown bug that no one else has ever reported then I still think KUID is your problem.

powrcow likes this.
  7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Restart.

dianebrat likes this.
  8. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Suggestions don't count toward utilization or space requirements for recordings so no need to turn off Suggestions.

Scott