TiVo False advertising - Edge / Vudu support

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by CZBrat, May 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. May 3, 2020 #1 of 22
    CZBrat

CZBrat New Member

Dec 26, 2002

Advertisements

I am at wits end, spent good money and all I get is Vudu support is coming soon. What is definition of soon? I was told that back in Oct, eight months ago.

I am complaining to the FTC for false advertising and suggest others follow suit. The more complaints the better. Sad to see, 20 yr client here.

www.ftc.gov

Click file consumer complaint
    Click Other
    Click Digital/Media streaming. Submit complaint on TiVo

2. May 3, 2020 #2 of 22
    compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    You need to contact vudu

3. May 3, 2020 #3 of 22
    pfiagra

pfiagra Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2014
    I think the point is not who writes the app (Vudu), but who is doing the advertising as it being an app available on their DVR (TiVo).

4. May 3, 2020 #4 of 22
    mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Is your sanity worth at least $20? If so, get a Roku and enjoy your peace of mind.

Corran Horn and compnurd like this.
  5. May 3, 2020 #5 of 22
    compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011

Advertisements

And for all we know they are screwing tivo

ajwees41 likes this.
  6. May 4, 2020 #6 of 22
    pfiagra

Oct 13, 2014
    That may be the case, but the ‘why’ it is happening doesn’t come into play regarding the false advertising complaint. TiVo is making the claim to consumers that they have the Vudu app on the Edge.

7. May 4, 2020 #7 of 22
    tommiet

tommiet Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Good chance when you get VuDu, it might be @ 720p..... Other than Netflix, I use my FireTV for all other apps.

8. May 4, 2020 #8 of 22
    dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Rule #1 when I buy any electronic product, buy it for what it has implemented at sale, never assume a "promised feature" will happen, no matter how tempting it looks
    Additionally complicating Vudu support is the fact Walmart has been trying to sell it for over 6 months and then there's this :
    NBCUniversal reportedly close to acquiring Walmart’s Vudu video service

ajwees41 likes this.
  9. Darrell Patton

Darrell Patton Active Member

Jul 19, 2018
    The Vudu app will be supported on the Edge right after the Tivo app is available on the Roku.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  10. pfiagra

Oct 13, 2014
    you are a couple months late with this post

Vudu App on Edge

11. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    maybe tivo thought by the launch of edge all apps would be supported that are on the other tivo boxes

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  12. pfiagra

Oct 13, 2014
    maybe, but this specific issue is moot since Vudu is now supported on the Edge

13. Disappointed-Doug

Disappointed-Doug New Member

Jan 4, 2021
    Done. Im w/in 30 days from purchase so the edge for cable is going back for a refund on principal after filing FTC complaint. Theres a lot to like about the unit but having bought it w/ lifetime and sold a roamio with lifetime, im now repurchasing a roamio with lifetime over ebay and shipping the edge back. Ill be out about $300 but on the moral high group here. Ive called them about 3-4 times seeking a resolution but they can only offer ‘reboot’. Fellow consumers my advice - wait another 2 years until their engineering catches up with their (false) marketing

14. pfiagra

Oct 13, 2014
    what are you upset about? Vudu? It has worked on the Edge for a while now.

15. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I just tried on my Edge, Vudu works fine.

16. Disappointed-Doug

Jan 4, 2021

Netflix is the problem; I mean TiVo edge is the problem, Netflix won’t play w/out areboot

17. Disappointed-Doug

Jan 4, 2021
    im so happy for you; NETFLIX on my edge will not play titles with a complete reboot

18. Disappointed-Doug

Jan 4, 2021
    That should read without a complete reboot. This happens more often than not. Ya, Vudu doesn’t work either, it will show menus and adds but not content - Amazon Prime works. Prob solving w/ Netflix error code suggests reboot - unfortunately nots not an acceptable solution for me as other streaming devices (non-TiVo) in my home do not experience this same problem. I am upgrading to 8k hdmi cables with some blind hope this improves HDCP communication and will advise later, but as of right now, I can’t recommend this device

19. tommage1

tommage1 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Oh I see, you were replying to someone who had posted about Vudu, your issue is with Netflix. Perhaps you could exchange it? Or as you say just return and maybe re-buy, that way not using up your warranty which would happen with an exchange. Maybe not though (the re-buy), seems your frustration level has peaked, which is understandable. Hope it works out, mine is just the OTA 500GB model (I don't have Netflix so can't test for you.) I prefer Roamios myself, for multiple reasons.

20. johnbrown44

johnbrown44 Member

May 10, 2015
    Edge OTA 500GB user since July. Used Netfix probably 40-50 times, no problems. Rarely even a buffer delay, perhaps 3 times. Haven't tried Vudu, although every app I have tried (haven't tried them all) has worked. Amazon Prime/IMDB/IFC all good, no issues. (other than too many commercials on IMDB, but what do you expect for free)