TiVo False advertising - Edge / Vudu support

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by CZBrat, May 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. CZBrat

CZBrat New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    I am at wits end, spent good money and all I get is Vudu support is coming soon. What is definition of soon? I was told that back in Oct, eight months ago.

I am complaining to the FTC for false advertising and suggest others follow suit. The more complaints the better. Sad to see, 20 yr client here.

www.ftc.gov

Click file consumer complaint
    Click Other
    Click Digital/Media streaming. Submit complaint on TiVo

2. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    You need to contact vudu

3. pfiagra

pfiagra Active Member

Oct 13, 2014
    I think the point is not who writes the app (Vudu), but who is doing the advertising as it being an app available on their DVR (TiVo).

4. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Is your sanity worth at least $20? If so, get a Roku and enjoy your peace of mind.

compnurd likes this.
  5. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    And for all we know they are screwing tivo

6. pfiagra

pfiagra Active Member

Oct 13, 2014
    That may be the case, but the ‘why’ it is happening doesn’t come into play regarding the false advertising complaint. TiVo is making the claim to consumers that they have the Vudu app on the Edge.

7. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
    Good chance when you get VuDu, it might be @ 720p..... Other than Netflix, I use my FireTV for all other apps.

8. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Rule #1 when I buy any electronic product, buy it for what it has implemented at sale, never assume a "promised feature" will happen, no matter how tempting it looks
    Additionally complicating Vudu support is the fact Walmart has been trying to sell it for over 6 months and then there's this :
    NBCUniversal reportedly close to acquiring Walmart’s Vudu video service