TiVo Extended Warranty Mailed Notice Overload

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by CoxInPHX, Aug 3, 2015.

1. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ

Advertisements

Has anyone else been receiving multiple mailed notices of their TiVo extended warranty letters?

Over the past month I have received 5 letters for extended warranties that were purchased a few years ago.

2. CoxInPHX

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Since this posting I have received 5 more, I wonder what the deal is?

3. gcw07

gcw07 Member

Oct 30, 2007
    I have an extended warranty on my unit and have not got any mails. Is it asking you to renew the warranty or what?

4. CoxInPHX

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    They are the exact same Certificate of Coverage letters I received when I first purchased the 36mo TiVo extended warranties in 2012 (XL4) and 2013 (RoamioPro), telling me the start and end date of the warranty, and the TSN associated.

No offer to extend, just a notification.

5. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012

Advertisements

I wonder if they only mail letters to certain states (like to comply with local laws). I've purchased the extended warranty on my last two TiVo's (S4 and S5) and I don't remember getting anything via USPS for either. TiVo.com shows the coverage for both.

6. CoxInPHX

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    You are probably correct, there is a long Notation: For Arizona Residents Only

But that does not explain why I have received 10 letters in the past 3 months, while nothing between the original letters and July 2015.

7. gcw07

gcw07 Member

Oct 30, 2007
    Yeah I've never gotten one of those letters either in Oklahoma on mine. But yeah, doesn't explain why they are sending them over and over again. Probably something wrong in their system that is marking it to send the mail over and over again.

8. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    :eek:

I was wondering what happened this weekend. I got two in the mail. One for my Romaio BAsic I got in 2013. I was thinking WTF? I had assumed the second one was for the refurb Roamio I recently purchased. But I didn't get around to checking the TSN yet to verify.

I have typically received these in the past. But within a couple of weeks of purchasing the extended warranty.