Tivo Experience 4

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tomm1079, Mar 24, 2018.

1. tomm1079

tomm1079 Member

May 10, 2005

Advertisements

With the new tivo experience does the comcast on demand screen get updated to include images? My GF recently started using my Tivo and that is her one complainant is that on demand is missing the images and has really short descriptions.

2. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    if it's like the cox ondemand between the 2 it will be the same if no pics on 3 there are none on 4

3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    I expect the Comcast/Xfinity On Demand for TiVo app is no different between TE3 and TE4. Comcast has no incentive to upgrade their app just to make it visually similar to the New TiVo Experience. Heck, the current XOD4TiVo app hasn't even been updated to be in sync with the TiVo HD UI; it pretty much still echoes the old SD UI.

I'll just be grateful that Comcast made the effort to work with TiVo to get their app certified and working with the new software version.

4. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    I can confirm the apps are the same (have Comcast and had TE4 but rolled back to TE3). It’s not easy to browse within the app to find content.

krkaufman likes this.
  5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA

Advertisements

Don't use the Comcast interface to search and play content if you have an issue with it. Just use the TiVo search function and if it's available you should be able to select Comcast XOD and play it from there.

Scott