TiVo Executive Contact Info?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by BTDFXD, Jul 2, 2020.

1. BTDFXD

BTDFXD Member

Oct 31, 2007

Advertisements

Need to communicate with someone at TiVo with the authority and capability to resolve an issue which seems to be beyond the ability of “customer service” or “executive relations” to address. Short version of issue is Bolt failed and they agreed to send replacement. I wanted replacement sent to vacation/rental property where I was preparing property for rental guest arriving 7/4/20. All is good until I get notification that replacement is going to home address. Many, many more calls/“executive assistance” and replacement finally arrives yesterday. Go through guided setup and all is good until screen freezes and I get message PLEASE REPORT THIS PROBLEM......unexpected error...ui cannot continue....please report this issue as part of your participation in our beta testing...(HUH-I have nothing to do with beta testing). Screen is locked on this message and can’t go forward or back or remove message. Call for assistance and they say my issue is being handled by executive relations and they will call-no call. Just called again and assistor tells me box is updating and/or it might be an internet issue (all other wireless devices work fine). I have 9 boxes and am fairly familiar with hooking them up and this is not normal. I'm tired and fed up with going round and round with people who don’t seem equipped to address my issue and am hoping someone at a higher level can help. Appreciate any information/suggestions

BanjoDan likes this.
  2. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    Based on going a full day with no responses to your post, I’d say you’ve managed to stump the experts on this forum! I don’t have much for you but I noticed you said “all other wireless devices work fine”. Are you using a wireless or wired connection for the Bolt? If it’s wireless (using an adapter I assume) can you hook up a wired connection to see if that helps? Good luck with TiVo. I suspect that “executive suite” stuff is mostly just a PR deal.

3. BTDFXD

BTDFXD Member

Oct 31, 2007
    I think you are correct that I have stumped the forum but I have some other avenues to pursue. I was using wireless for setup and actually got network connection set up prior to all going paralyzed-permanent set up will be via Ethernet if I ever get everything else sorted. I and the new bad box are now at my permanent residence which has a different cable provider. I am leery of taking a cable card out of a totally happy, reliable TiVo device here and trying to diagnose a “new” broken box. I might be naive, but I would expect TiVo would install latest software and do a quality control check on a replacement box prior to shipping. My guess is I was sent someone else's broken return.

4. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seattle
  5. BTDFXD

BTDFXD Member

Oct 31, 2007

Advertisements

Yes, but based on my experience, these folks did not seem empowered or equipped to address my issues. I used the linked form to contact them and explained replacement box was apparently going to home address and I needed it shipped to address where I was and provided relevant info. Response from them via email was something to the effect they had a problem and to call them......email contact was Wasted time and effort. Called and relayed the problem I.e., box going to wrong address and assistor indicated they would “try and contact the warehouse and get back to me...”.
    I asked why they couldn’t call the warehouse and make correction and provide me with immediate confirmation and was advised they only communicate via email.... I called to report the replacement box appeared to be defective and since executive relations was handling my case, someone from that department would have to call me back. That hasn’t happened and I’m not optimistic it will.