TiVo Enhanced Content

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by phatmatt, May 19, 2005.

1. phatmatt

phatmatt New Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Chippewa...

Advertisements

At about 2:30 AM I noticed that the record button was on and I tried to turn the channel. I got a message that said TiVo was recording "TiVo Enhanced Content"
    What could that be??? Is that just the regular daily download?? I dont remember it ever saying "Enhanced Content" before... Many many apologies if this is the same thing that has been posted in several other threads.

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    It is recording Showcases video and the Yellow star content you see when you go to DirecTV Central. The channel was probably 581 or 582.

3. Mister Wango

Mister Wango New Member

Mar 12, 2004
    Baltimore
    Correct, and this really p**ses me off! I have witnessed this twice. Once it changed the channel on me while I was watching a program and since I was recording another program on the other receiver I had only the option to cancel the other program being recorded or continue watching the "enhanced content", which is really just commercials.

So far, all DirecTV has had to say about it is, "sorry you don't like it pal". I'm really miffed about this direction - it is simply not customer friendly, takes my choice away, and forces my decision.

4. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    Maybe you should just switch to cabletv if this has you so worked up.

5. tbeckner

tbeckner TiVo Fan

Oct 26, 2001
    Bend, OR, USA

Advertisements

You can block the showcases using a temporary measure of dropping channels 581 and 582 from you list of channels you recieve, or you or someone you know can hack the TiVo and turn-off Showcase (I actually turned on showcases on my hacked boxes), or you can do nothing and get excited about it and post on this forum. The choice is yours.

6. austin_phil

austin_phil New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    Does it on cable too. My Series 2 on TWC is doing it right now...