TiVo Elite - One hour off in Phoenix?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by jshore, Oct 11, 2011.

1. jshore

jshore Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Got pretty much everything set up and working - channels, multi-room transfers (no streaming to my other premieres), etc... one thing though, is that it is currently 6:30pm but time on tivo shows 7:30pm.

I called TiVo and they had no way for me to change the clock. Said it might be a glitch that their tech team needs to work on.

Anyone else have this issue and any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    In the coffee house thread someone else has the same issue due to the improper daylight savings code.

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    If that area would just observe DST things would be fine:D

4. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yes, I have the same problem here in Phoenix with my Elite. I called TiVo and they didn't give me much hope that it would be fixed.

The issue is that Daylight Saving Time is enabled but it shouldn't be as almost all of AZ doesn't observe DST.

Luckily, Nov 6 is coming up and the clock will be right for 4 1/2 months. :rolleyes:

5. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Is this just a Elite 14.9 bug?

When I ran the initial set-up, on my TiVo Premiere Aug 3, 2011 there was an option to disable DST in the menus.

Edit: Since your Elite is new, I would go back and Repeat Guided Setup and see if the DST option is there, BTW I used ZipCode 85044. My experience with Guide data from Rovi is not all ZipCodes within the same area carry the same data, not sure if that is true with TiVo, but TiVo does use Rovi data.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. DonaldBurns65144

DonaldBurns65144 Member

Jan 10, 2011
    USA
    Is this the same one hour off that the Premiere menu listings also has had for that last 9 mts. or so?

7. jshore

jshore Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Must be an Elite thing. I re-ran guided setup on the elite with 14.9 and there was no DST option to check or uncheck. As a test, i re-ran guided setup on one of my other Premieres running 14.8, and there was no DST option there, either, but that box gets that Phoenix doesn't do DST. I entered the same zip on both boxes, but the elite shows the incorrect time and the Premiere got it right.
    Hopefully tivo can push a fix for this....

8. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    I re-ran guided setup, and there is no option to set DST. Which step is that in?

Here is every step presented to me in Guided Setup:

Welcome: United States
    Getting Started: Begin Guided Setup for the United States
    Video Formats Detected: Keep automatic settings
    Zip Code: I put in yours this time - 85044
    CableCARD Decoder (M-Card inserted): Continue Guided Setup
    Tuning Adapter Connected: Continue
    Accessing network. This might take a minute...
    Connection Found: Use this connection (recommended)
    Begin Network Connection: Press SELECT to begin connection
    Getting Setup Info: Preparing, Connecting, Getting info, Disconnecting, Loading info - Press SELECT to continue
    Cable Provider: Cox Communications
    Cable Channel Lineup: Press SELECT to continue
    What's On Channel 23?: DSCP - The Discovery Channel (Pacific)
    Premium Channels: No
    Cable Channels: Press SELECT to continue
    Begin Network Connection: Press SELECT to begin connection
    Getting Program Info: Preparing, Connecting, Getting info, Disconnecting, Loading info - Press SELECT to continue
    Program Info Received: Press SELECT to continue
    Congratulations!: Press the TiVo button to continue

Attached Files:

9. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I didn't see it either, but I also noticed last night when I was updating my provider that at least on that screen it had press enter for advanced options.

On the Premiere I didn't have to press enter to find my correct provider so maybe there is another screen that has an advanced option at the bottom?

10. jshore

jshore Member

Aug 17, 2003
    I tried that and advanced setup just gave u option of cox digital basic or cox digital expanded basic. There is no option to select time zone-it is automatic. I just got off phone with TiVo and they said I should wait 24 hours and it might fix itself. They also said nobody else in Phoenix had called them with this issue...so the csr thought it couldn't be the software... I'm pretty sure it is...

11. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    I am in Phoenix and I called into TiVo yesterday with the exact issue, so the CSR didn't know what he was talking about. It won't correct itself in 24 hours. My Elite has been running since Sunday, and it's still got the wrong time.

12. jshore

jshore Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Are u having same issue? Anybody else in PHX encountering this with new elite? Please call TiVo tech support so they can realize this is something to be fixed....

13. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yes, same issue with Elite.

As I said above, I called TiVo tech support on Tuesday to report this issue.

So, the CSR you talked to that said no one from Phoenix had called obviously just said that without knowing the truth.

14. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    You might do better also reporting it online via the web support since it generates a case#.

Also someone may want to ping tivodesign on twitter.

15. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Ok, I'll go report it online. Don't use Twitter so someone else will need to do the pinging. :)

FYI, calling support also generates a case number. Here are my case numbers as shown at http://support.tivo.com/app/account/questions/list

111012-008371 Elite - Daylight Saving Time issue in Phoenix Unresolved 10/12/2011
    111011-006328 Elite TS Waiting for Customer 10/11/2011

16. retiredqwest

retiredqwest Member

Sep 7, 2010
    On my THD it shows the correct time and shows Daylight Savings Time.
    On my Premiere it shows the correct time and shows Daylight Saving as inactive.

I'm in Spokane, WA 99202 which is PDT right now.

I wouldn't take much stock on what the Tivo shows on the Premiere or probably the Elite. And no I don't have an elite.

Attached Files:

17. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    On my Series 3 box, DST shows as Inactive as well and it has the correct time. Same zip code.

On my Elite, that line reads "Daylight Saving Time" and the clock is 1 hour ahead since I am in Phoenix and we don't observe DST ever. This is a bug and needs to be fixed.

18. aztivo

aztivo Member

Feb 23, 2005
    AZ
    so is this effecting recordings?

19. aavi722

aavi722 New Member

Apr 23, 2010

Just a thought...if you put in a West Coast zip code, you would be on the correct time but I don't know if there is a Cox affiliation there to get the right channel lineup. Or if there are other considerations that might not correspond.

If that works though, then you can just switch to your zip code MST when the daylight savings time switches back.

I have Premier XL and my clock indicator as others stated is correct.

20. djwilso

djwilso Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    Recordings are not affected because the times displayed in the guide are also 1 hour ahead.