Tivo Elite adding channels or removing channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by caddyroger, Oct 14, 2011.

1. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    Has any one have this problem? I just bought a Elite yesterday and having this problem.When I go to channel and remove the channels that do not hours later they will appear again. Some times it will remove the channels. It did this about 3 times since yesterday afternoon.

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I need to check mine. I typically keep mine on favorites, but I remove 99.9% of the SD channels. I'll need to see if they are still unchecked in the channel list.

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    This is a common issue when the TiVo is still indexing the guide data for the first time. If you wait a day or so, you should be able to set the channels again and the settings stick.

4. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I am having a similar sort of odd issue. I see channels in the lineup but when I add them they don't show as a selectable channel.

5. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    It been about 22 hrs since I started the final guild. At 4 pm pdt is was ok. 20 min ago some channels reappeared.
    Yesterday after the service update got finished a screen came up saying the update did not install ok and that I might have to redo the service update. After the and the amp been off a screen would come up with some type of error code.
    This is third Elite that have exchanged because of some type of problem. I doing a clear and delete and start over.

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    There were a few hundred SD channels that were checked again. I had specifically unchecked these channels but for some reason they were checked again. There were some that stayed unchecked though. And I had three HD channels that were in my favorites that had become unchecked. The rest of the favorites were fine.

So I've unchecked everything that is supposed to be. I'll check it again in a couple of days to see if they stay unchecked.

7. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    This may have happened because you got a software update to B4 that updates the shipping software level. There is an known issue that this level resets the channel list. After you reset it, it should stick.

8. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
    How do you reset it or are you using a different term for it.

9. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    The B4 level will clear whatever list you have previously set the first time you use the box after the B4 level of code is installed. Just go into the Settings/Channels/Channels List and set the channels you want.

10. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    This was after the B4 update. Assuming that is the update the box gets initially. I did my channel selections after all that. But also the box restarted over night a few days ago. But the software didn't change.

11. denga

denga OBE

Jan 31, 2008
    San Diego,CA
    not sure if applies but the rollout date for Software Version 14.9 is currently advertised to be 10/24/11

12. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Where did you see that info?