Tivo Edge "Grid Guide"

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by Pigpencree, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Pigpencree

Pigpencree New Member

Feb 3, 2010

Advertisements

Does anyone know how I can change my TiVo Edge guide from : "Grid Guide" to TiVo "Live Guide". I cannot stand the "Grid Guide". Both of the guides were available up to and including the TiVo Bolt +. If changing the guide is not currently, is there a way to advise "the powers that be", that we would like the option? Thanks !!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  2. Steve

Steve TiVowner since 1999

Apr 23, 2003
    White...
    Folks have been complaing for years, but it's not gonna happen with TE4. It's still availabe on the iPhone or IPad, if you want to schedule that way. Assume on Android as well.

Closest you can get using TE4 is hitting the UP arrow while watching live TV. Then key in (or arrow to) the channel you want. >> pages forward through the shows on that channel.

I still prefer the old live guide, since it's text based, but once you get used to this, it actually works as well, showing you all the upcoming shows on a single channel.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  3. dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Welcome to the reason I won't upgrade to TE4 or willingly move to an Edge.
    Folks use the guide in different ways, and for those of us that use and love the presentation of the Live Guide, there's just no way the grid guide can make me happy.

PSU_Sudzi likes this.
  4. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    And again...it is the one feature an overwhelming majority of Tivo users want. Make it happen!

5. Steve

Steve TiVowner since 1999

Apr 23, 2003
    White...

Advertisements

I actually prefer the iOS guide to the TE3 live guide, because of the fluid scrolling.

On an iPhone, touch the channel number while in the guide.

On an iPad, works just like the old live guide, but more smoothly.

iPhone Guide.png iPad Guide.png

6. SilentTuba

SilentTuba New Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Personally, I always hated the old live guide, and never used it. Much prefer the grid. To each their own, I guess.