Tivo DT/Please help improve my picture

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jilter, Jul 29, 2007.

1. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    I have a Comcast digital signal that is being split: 1 output into the digital Comcast box and one output to my dual tuner Tivo. I did have an amplifier on the incoming signal before it was split, however when I could not receive ON Demand, I had Comcast out and they said the amplifier was preventing 2-way communication between my cable box and the company. I removed the amplifier and of course the picture on my Tivo is very very bad. My DT box is not that old, but I really don't use it because the picture is so snowy.
    Any advice or tips I could try?

Thanks!

Jill

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Try splitting the signal and putting the amplifier on the side feeding the TiVo.

The cable company should be able to increase the signal into your house.

3. alansplace

alansplace ------ Alan ------

Apr 30, 2006
    Southern...
    call them back. they should supply and install a bidirectionally capable amplifier for you.
    --
    Alan :D

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Being cable ignorant, I didn't even think of that solution. :)

5. jilter

jilter Not.

Oct 4, 2002
    That sounds good, I wil try that, and thanks!!

6. jjberger2134

jjberger2134 Member

Nov 19, 2002
    I purchased a Electroline Amp. I am quite happy, the amp improved my picture quality dramatically. I believe the Electroline Amp is well worth the money, since what the cable company will give you is most likely a piece of junk. Make sure that you get a "return path", or as others have said "bidirectional" if you wish to have it work with your cable companies OnDemand services.

Some people on this forum have praised an eBay seller named "cabletvamps" for selling Electroline amps. His eBay site is full of useful information, so you can read all about amplifiers, if you are so inclined. Make sure you check out his links under
    "Need Help?" for purchase assistance and information pages.

ebay Seller - Cabletvamps

Please note: I have never done business with cabletvamps, so I cannot either recommend or complain about his products or service.