Tivo dot net and Vista

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by DVReveler, Aug 6, 2007.

1. DVReveler

DVReveler New Member

May 8, 2004
    Minneapolis
    I'm running Vista. I had to turn off User Access Control to install TDN. It seems to run fine with UAC off. If I turn it back on TDN no longer works. Any way around this?

2. TokyoShoe

TokyoShoe Frustrated TiVoHD'er

Jul 27, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I can't even get it to run, even WITH turning off UAC. It keeps returning .NET Framework errors.

3. DVReveler

DVReveler New Member

May 8, 2004
    Minneapolis
    I haven't had any dot net errors, but it's unreliable as hell even with UAC off. How is pyTivo in Vista?

4. TokyoShoe

Jul 27, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I thought pyTiVo was Linux only?

5. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    Why? It is written in Python which works extremely well on PCs and has for many years.

6. TokyoShoe

Jul 27, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Reading through the installation notes, they struck me as more of a Linux based set of instructions. *shrug*

7. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    Well, PyTiVo is not for your grandma, but it isn't too difficult to get going. For those who aren't good with computers or Python, then TiVo Desktop is the way to go.

8. Krepta3000

Krepta3000 New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    I have TiVo Desktop, it won't transcode my divx videos, well it will transcode a couple of my videos, but most of them it won't touch. Even though I purchased the full version, or whatever, Pro, I dunno. So I was watching an episode of Systm on my tivo and they were talking about tversity, and I was really interested, so I went to their website. They don't support tivo, but I found a link talking about tivo.net, so I downloaded that. Now my tivo desktop is fraked up, and my tivo doesn't want to talk to my computer anymore. Now what? I'm gonna reboot now.

I really wish someone could help me make tivo.net do something that my tivo will recognize and use. If you could email me, that would be nice. But if that's too much work, eh, whatever. I'll eventually check on this thread. Oh yeah, my email is krepta3000@gmail.com, so, ok then.