----------------------------------- tivo & directv??? may be sooner than you think

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by mrbogusbaxter, Jul 21, 2007.

1. mrbogusbaxter

mrbogusbaxter New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    tivo / directv -- sooner than you think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a most reliable source dials the 411 on this one...

talks are heavy, preliminary agreements have been discussed and just possibly nearer than one thinks.

If the marriage does happen, a full take over of the HD boxes would rest the uppers at DTV and for sure please a majority of customers who have very loudly spoken,

let me rephrase that .....

loudly screamed on what **** DVR's customers were forced to replaced their original TIVO's with. Reports have even surfaced about the numbers of NEW customers (who only knew the new DVR) and the problems they have been having with them.

Happy with their decision to switch? Anyone at DTV will tell you they took a bloodbath on distributing the new boxes of junk...

ALL receivers from DTV are now LEASED. Leased...but still have to shell out a few hundred $$$ to take hold of them. Just think, elimate the good, distribute the bad, eliminate the ownership, but dont eliimate the pricing....

DTV really fu**ed up on this one and they know it. The 'leak' of nice words & reports about relationships is to quietly take they eye off the facts...

Next time you are on the phone with DTV, nicely but forcefully tell them how disastisfied you are, how much you are disaapointed in their actions to do this with your customers. Keep drilling (but nicely!!! and repeat TIVO TIVO TIVO)

and magically you will be offered a 12 month $10 break on your bill.

follow the above carefully...remember, nicely...

2. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Source?

There have been rumors forever that this may happen and none more than me will be happy if it does, but I sure am not going to get excited about another unconfirmed post.

Maybe a CSR told you? We ALL know they are well-informed - NOT!

Sorry, I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking you - I'll leave that to others here, but use the search function to see how many other threads there are on this board saying the same thing.

3. Billy Bob Boy

Billy Bob Boy What Me Worry???????

Jul 25, 2004
    Here
    +1 I have had enough dissapointments in the pastIE: they upgraded the S1 software and hr10-250. And the Liberty media thread. When I see D* Advertising Tivo on tv I will Believe

4. Billy Bob Boy

Billy Bob Boy What Me Worry???????

Jul 25, 2004
    Here
    Wasnt this copied and pasted from the other thread with some embellishments. Not that I care.

5. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Yes it was. I would have at least hoped for some proofreading the second time it was posted. :)

6. wolflord11

wolflord11 Lord of Darkness

Jan 16, 2007
    Madisonville...
    Maybe One Day.......

But that Day may never come in our lifetimes.

Until any of us actually see proof, all it appears to be is another wishing for what many want.