Tivo + Directv + DVD recorder?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by lewitt823, Jan 1, 2006.

1. lewitt823

lewitt823 New Member

Dec 24, 2005

Advertisements

Right now I have a Directv with Tivo. I am using both inputs. I am also wanting a DVD recorder. Is there a Directv unit out there with all that? If not, what are my options?

Thanks

2. tomo_kun

tomo_kun DJT0M0.

Sep 8, 2003
    Mil-Town...
    There will never be a DirecTV DVR with TiVo with a built in DVD Recorder (I doubt the same for DirecTV DVR PLUS). You can always connect a DVD recorder to your DirecTV DVR with TiVo.

3. JWG

JWG New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Ok, so I've done this. Just added a Panasonic DMR-ES20.

Here's my question, my laptop has a DVD burner, but no video capture. I'm hoping to copy to DVD from the Panasonic and then rip that DVD to my laptop to do any editing to burn to a new DVD.

Figured this would be cheaper than either the video capture card or a DVD burner with all sorts of editing tools and a hard disk.

So... how do I go about ripping a DVD to my laptop? All I currently have on it is InterVideo WinDVD Creator... came with the thing.

Thanks!!

4. tomo_kun

tomo_kun DJT0M0.

Sep 8, 2003
    Mil-Town...
    Now that sounds like a huge waste of DVD's, unless you used RW's.
    Theres loads of free software out there, all you have to do is use google (I have something for my Mac, but i think you have a PC).

5. JWG

JWG New Member

Jun 8, 2005

Advertisements

I only plan on editing a few things. PPV and like not so much.

6. martin1

martin1 New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Round Rock, Tx
    Try this site for editing software.
    http://www.videohelp.com/

7. Snuffy51

Snuffy51 New Member

May 10, 2004
    VA

I use Macs as well tomo. I have a problem with my Sony GX-300 DVD recorder. When I record a DVD-R it shows up on my mac as Sonata volume. Toast cannot do anything with it and mactheripper can't either. Do you know of a mac program like isobuster for pc. I cannot get into the Sonata volume to duplicate DVDs. I have a bunch of converted vcr tapes to share with family and don't really want to go thru real time transfer. Same thing for tv programs recorded from directv HD DVR to the Sony. I have the usual suspects..Toast 7, dvd2one, ffmpegx, mactheripper, mpeg2works, sizzle, etc. but nothing to extract from a seemingly locked VIDEO_TS. Thanks