1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo desktop

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by natsilber, Oct 4, 2018.

1. natsilber

natsilber New Member

Oct 4, 2018
    I downloaded the desktop from a thread in a Mar 2017 forum. I can download all my programs to my laptop, and even select one to watch and it will play. Problem is I can only hear it. There's no video. Any suggestions?

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I don't know if this is related, but the certificates contained in TiVo Desktop expired earlier this year. Nicely, though, a forum member "updated" them, and you can use his updates to replace the originals. Perhaps that might fix your issue.

"Now Playing List Not Available"

Otherwise, a nice alternative to TiVo Desktop, that installs and works well: pyTivo Desktop. Easier to use pyTivo

3. natsilber

natsilber New Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Thanks, Mikeguy. I appreciate the response. I'll try the pyTivo when I get back home on Monday. (I'm not near my home network now). I don't know how the certificates would work.

4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Easy enough to try the replacement certificates, when you have a chance--it's just a matter of putting the new files in the Tivo Desktop folder. One way or the other, though, hopefully you'll be set. :)

5. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Are you cable or OTA and if cable who is your vendor?

Scott

6. LarryAtHome

LarryAtHome Member

Feb 18, 2008
    It appears you do not have a mpg decoder on you PC you are playing the downloaded files on linked to your media player. I have found that the built in media player in Windows 10 does this. If you load another media player, such as Media Player Classic or VLC, you will get video as well as audio.

7. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Most likely, the recordings in question use H.264 ("MPEG-4") video, and you transferred them as program streams, which don't support that. (Audio-only streams are exactly what you get in that case.) You need to download them as transport streams. TiVo Desktop labels this as "fast transfer mode", IIRC.

8. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Have tried downloading with kmttg and using the decrypt option. That should give you normal mpeg2 files.

(it's real easy to use)