Tivo desktop

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Jmk78ut, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Jmk78ut

Jmk78ut New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    I am having a problem with my Tivo desktop software I am using ver 2.4a and when its installed I cannot watch any of my videos that I have on my computer that were from my digital camera, I take small clips of my little girl.

when I remove the desktop software the videos will play like normal. when its installed I get a few seconds of video then it freezes up but I can sill hear the audio.

I talked to Tivo about the problem they told me to update my video software wich I did for 14.95 and it didnt fix a thing. I also have the same problem on my wifes computer. Hers is 4 years old running xp and Mine is also XP

Any help please ?

2. Jmk78ut

Jmk78ut New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    just upgraded to 2.5 same problem

3. Jmk78ut

Jmk78ut New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    nothing not a word ? Come on i really need some help

4. jtreid

jtreid Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Reading, PA
    I don't know if I can help, but I understand when no one responds.

If memory serves, there are some services running related to tivo desktop. They all contain "tivo" in their name. Not that this is going to fix your problem, but can you stop any of those services and play your camera videos? You can stop them by right clicking on my computer->manage and expand services and applications and locate them under services. Click on the service and you get the option to stop or restart the service. Stop them and see if your video will then play.

What software are you using to play the videos? What are their extensions?

Maybe this will spawn some real help from the real gurus ;)

5. Jmk78ut

Jmk78ut New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    I tried that as you stated and it didn't work. Right now I am using Picasa 2 to view videos. This happens when I watch any mpeg videos.

I am a real newbie here. So thank you for trying