Tivo Desktop won't install

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mccoady, Feb 22, 2007.

1. mccoady

mccoady Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Kansas

Advertisements

I just tried to install Tivo Desktop and for some reason it's not installing right. I keep getting "There is a problem with installation. Required components are missing. Please try installing again." I've tried reinstalling several times but I get the same error.

Been reading on Tivo's website about installing Tivo Desktop, since I'm getting a missing components required error during install are they implying it is a missing codec; or could it be another component, it doesn't go into detail what the problem is?

2. Awalt

Awalt New Member

Dec 1, 2006
    What version OS are you using? Did you try rebooting the computer? Did you try downloading the file again?

3. WayneCarter

WayneCarter Active Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Be sure to turn off "protective" software such as firewalls, virus scanners, pop-up blockers, etc during the installation - depending on which you are using and how they are configured, they may be preventing some components from loading.

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    After uninstalling, if you're comfortable with it, go through the Windows registry and remove any TiVo Desktop references. That usually helps a "clean" install run smoothly.

5. mccoady

mccoady Member

Dec 8, 2002
    Kansas

Advertisements

I'm helping my mom do this and she's running XP Home. I did try reinstalling several times (I rebooted each time) but no I didn't download the file again, I will try that. I also didn't disable her firewall, antivirus or antispyware so I will try that also. From your comments above it sounds like it should be a simple install though so I will try again when I go out to my mom's place in a few days.