Tivo Desktop won't get the list of recordings after 9.1 update

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Mr2001, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Mr2001

Mr2001 New Member

Sep 26, 2005
    I have two Series2 units, and my living room DVR got the 9.1 update before my bedroom one. As soon as that happened, Tivo Desktop stopped being able to get the list of recordings from the living room - it still worked with the bedroom DVR, and I could still connect to the living room with h-t-t-p-s and download shows manually.

MRV also stopped working, so I forced the update on my bedroom DVR. Now MRV works fine, but I can't use Tivo Desktop with either DVR!

It gets about halfway through the download ("Getting 120 of 192 recordings...") but then fails with this message:

... and, uh, no offense to whoever wrote that message, but it's not very accurate, considering that it had been contacting the DVR just fine until it decided to go on strike halfway through.

I've tried rebooting both DVRs, and I've verified that they're both still set to allow transfers.

2. lafos

lafos Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Do you have the latest version of TiVo Desktop?

3. Mr2001

Mr2001 New Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Yes, I have version 2.5.

It seems to be working a little better today... maybe it just needed some time to reindex.