Tivo Desktop Suuport for dvr-ms files

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by BermudaLamb, Jun 9, 2011.

1. BermudaLamb

BermudaLamb New Member

Jun 9, 2011
    I have a Tivo Premiere, and the full license for Tivo Desktop. I got the Tivo for Christmas last year, and I love it. I have a lot of movies in the Win MCE format of dvr-ms (an MPEG2 format with embedded metadata). Since Tivo handles MPEG2 without any issues, I would like to know how to get the dvr-ms files to stream to my Tivo, especially with the appropriate metadata and cover.

I've looked to at the latest version of pyTivo, and I can get it running, but it doesn't work with dvr-ms files. Does anyone have any suggestions, other than converting all of my movies to some of other format? I don't mind waiting for a movie to be converted / streamed to the Tivo, but I don't want to have to each one by hand. When I look at pyTivo I can see a list of all of movies (the cool part), when I pick though it put an entry on my Tivo for the movie, but nothing is playable.

I've also looked at HME, but that seems to be dead as well. There seems to be some great things discussed, but most of them appear to be over 3 yrs old.

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Yes it does. See my other reply to you.