TiVo Desktop Router Port Woes

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Maximus67, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Maximus67

Maximus67 I love reef tanks

Mar 22, 2002
    Santa...

Advertisements

Just curious, I am having difficulty getting my TiVo to transfer videos from my DVR to my PC. Iget an error saying "There was an error while attempting to retreive data from the selected DVR"

I have a hunch that I dont have the ports properly setup on my router.

Just curious when opening the port, do I need to select the IP address of my TiVo DVR, or the computer running TiVo Server/Desktop?

Any help would be appreciated

2. greg_burns

greg_burns Now in HD

May 21, 2004
    Slower...
    You shouldn't have to open any ports on your router. You PC and your Tivo are on your internal LAN. Your router's firewall is for blocking external traffic only.

You may need to open ports on your PC's firewall (if you are running one). You can try disabling it temporarily to see if it is the source of your problem.

3. Plazman

Plazman New Member

Oct 10, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    For what it's worth, I get the same error. I have 121 recordings residing on my TiVo, but when I Pick Recordings to Transfer from TiVo Desktop (2.2) 4 of them come up "Details unavailable" with no checkbox and selecting them displays the error text you mentioned. I have no idea what the problem is though.