Tivo Desktop Recording Duplicate Episodes

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by delphinus1966, Aug 1, 2008.

1. delphinus1966

delphinus1966 New Member

Jun 6, 2006

Advertisements

I record my daughters favorite 2 programs, of which, both are set to record both new and repeats. Tivo Desktop for SOME of the episodes transfers multiple copies of the same show. I have to manually delete the extra show from my drive using Tivo Desktop. It does not do this with all the episodes, so I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if so have you figured out a way to correct it? i am getting tired of having to keep a watch on what Tivo is storing on my limited space hard drive.

2. Lochiel

Lochiel New Member

Sep 21, 2008
    I hate to Necro, but I'm having the same issue.

Is there a resolution? Have you fixed your problem? Is Tivo Desktop as crappy as it is starting to appear to be?

3. bHLE6aecL$9

bHLE6aecL$9 New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    I have same/similar problem. TiVoDesktop keeps copying the same files to my PC. It doesn't seem to have a History Database, to prevent multiple transfers of the same file. It's aggravating to have to repeatedly cleanup my PC's TiVo Desktop folder. Any solutions?

4. TiVoJerry

TiVoJerry Ex-Caavo employee (Ex-TiVo, '00-'16)

Jul 26, 2005
    Woodside, CA
    Try upgrading to 2.7 which was just released. IIRC it should carry a fix for the issue reported here.

5. stubarrett

stubarrett Member

Oct 30, 2003

Advertisements

Jerry, I have a slightly different problem. I'm running TD 2.7 with my S3.

I have auto transfer set up to backup all of my season passes. As those .tivo files get transfers to my PC, I copy them over to an archive directory. I mainly do this so that they will not show up on my Now Playing List when looking for video files on my PC.

This works well but every so often TD starts to re-transfer all of the files again. I was hoping that there would be some kind of log that was used to prevent this and not use the existence of the actual file as the indicator that the files needs to be transferred. This problem seems to occur most often after my S3 reboots so maybe the log is in the S3 memory???

If the Now Playing List would handle folders rather than displaying all files in all directories in a 'flat' order then I could simply put the files in an "archive" folder and they would not be interspersed with my hundreds of movie files I also maintain on my PC.

Any hints on how to keep the files from being transferred repeatedly?

Thanks, Stu