TiVo Desktop & PyTivo Transfers Now Have No Video (Audio OK)

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by The Video Guru, Jun 26, 2019.

1. The Video Guru

The Video Guru New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Las Vegas

Advertisements

From my research, I think this has something to do with the video now being H.264 from Comcast in Fort Myers. Older shows (like a few years ago from Cox in Las Vegas) transfer fine. On PyTivo I tried with tivo-libre both on and off. I have the software that allows me to play (see and hear) .tivo files on my PC, I get just audio. Conversion using TivoDecode to mpg delivers just audio as well.

Anything that I can do (Win10 Home)? Other transfer software?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Yes, you would need to turn on TS transfers. Not sure how to do it in Pytivo desktop unless its to add in TS=on in the conf file.

In Tivo Desktop, its simply to enable Faster Transfers.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    If you're using my version of pyTivo then it's in the options. There is even an option to show links next to ever recording for both PS and TS so you can decide on a show by show basis which format you want.

4. The Video Guru

Nov 12, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Already set that way in Tivo Desktop. I changed ts from "auto" to "on" in PyTivo (with and without tivo-libre on, also not sure whose version I am using). No change.

And this from the PyTivo config for TS: .TiVo files are sent as-is regardless of this setting. So it comes with a "(PS)" even though TS is set for "on."

5. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

The file will always be .Tivo no matter if its PS or TS, but the formats are different in the encoding.
    MPEG4/h.264 recordings must be transferred/copied from the Tivo in TS format, or else you only get audo.
    MPEG2 can be transferred with either TS or PS format.

6. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    pyTivo's "ts=on" is a largely-obsolete setting for PC -> TiVo transfers of non-.tivo files. TiVo -> PC transfers are just governed by a checkbox on the transfer page: "Transfer as mpeg-ts". You can hardly miss it; it's right above the "Transfer selected" button.

ClearToLand likes this.
  7. The Video Guru

Nov 12, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Thanks. I will check it out in the morning.

8. The Video Guru

Nov 12, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I think I am using your version, but it may be an old one. Please see the attached.

WMCBRINE: I don't show what you describe this on my screen.

I assume that the version I have is an old one, but before I go updating (uninstall/install, I assume is probably what I need to do), I want to verify with the community.

And thank you all. about.PNG pytivo.PNG settings.PNG

9. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    What you show in the last picture is on the upload tab, what about the download tab?

10. The Video Guru

Nov 12, 2007
    Las Vegas
    Sorry, there didn't seem to be anything there, so I didn't include it. Now attached.

Attached Files:

11. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    It’s on the first tab

options.jpg

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  12. The Video Guru

Nov 12, 2007
    Las Vegas
    It's already set to Transport Stream. Please see attached.
    I have also attached a shot of the filename. Note that it has a "(PS)". Regardless of my setting, isn't that Program Stream?
    If I set it to "Let me select..." and select TS, I still get a file with (PS).

From my earlier post, which may still be valid, but I'm just as confused now:
    And this from the PyTivo config for TS: .TiVo files are sent as-is regardless of this setting. So it comes with a "(PS)" even though TS is set for "on."

I appreciate the help, but I seem to have everything set up correctly, I just can't get a TS, just a PS.

Attached Files:

13. Rick01775

Rick01775 New Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I'm having the same problem with both TiVo Desktop and pyTivo Desktop. Some files transfer with video, but others only transfer the audio. Use of "Fast Transfer" in TiVo desktop, or "Transport Stream" in pyTivo Desktop doesn't resolve the issue. Further, the version of pyTivo installed via the pyTivo Desktop 1.6.24 installation (for Windows, in this case Windows 10) doesn't appear to contain a pyTivo.conf or pyTivo.conf.dist file, where I could possibly make appropriate changes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

14. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Post #11 is where you can find the setting. You may need to restart PyTivo after the changes to become effective.

15. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seattle
    Might want to edit those pics and blur out your MAK.

As a test...What happens if you open the list through a browser then download the TS file?

https:// [your Tivo IP]/nowplaying/index.html

Login is:

User: tivo

Password: Media Access Key