Tivo Desktop Plus: way to tell it which order to transfer?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by sushikitten, Dec 9, 2008.

1. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...

Advertisements

I am in the process of loading four seasons worth of a show from my computer to my tivo. I picked the main folder, chose "look in subfolders" (or whatever it's called) and just let it run. It was set to KAM 5, which I assume would mean there would always be 5 eps ready and waiting, and as soon as I watched an ep or two, more would load (to keep it at 5).

Well, I started it this morning, and I just happened to look on my tivo, and there are a few eps from season 2 and a few eps from season 3. This does me NO good whatsoever since I want to watch them in order.

Is there any way for me to do this automatically?

The only way I know how to get exactly what I want in the order I want it is to create folders with 5 episodes in it and KAM 5...which seems like a major pain when there are like 25 eps per season, because then every few days (or as I need new eps) I am running to the computer to set the next folder to transfer.

I am new to this transferring stuff, but it doesn't look like there are too many options (not even a KAM all - but it has a limit of 10).

2. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    The manual way would be to initiate the transfers (in order) from your TiVo instead of using the push (auto-transfer) feature of TiVo Desktop.

3. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    So load them into the main screen of Tivo Desktop, then pull them from the actual tivo...and they will go in order? It sounds like it might be worth a try. Thanks! (Still not perfect, but at least a solution!)

4. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    Once you have them on the Tivo, you can arrange either by alphabetical order or by date. Then they should transfer in order.

5. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL

Advertisements

Basically. You'll have to transfer them one at a time so you control the order they transfer in.

6. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Unfortunately, I am not having good luck with this. I told it to transfer 5 eps this morning and just sat down and none were there. NONE. Even though I saw the little blue dot telling me it was downloading.

So I told it to start again. And it got 3 minutes done and stopped, saying I had network issues. Which I don't. Ugh.

7. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    Just an update - I have just about given up on transferring stuff from my PC to my Tivo. I have tried auto-transferring from my PC and hubby's PC, pulling from two separate tivos from each PC...and nothing works. Last night I set one normally-recorded show to transfer between tivos, as well as tried to pull three eps off my PC - yet in the morning? I had FOUR COPIES of the tivo-recorded program. :confused:

Is there any way to tell if the individual .avi files I am trying to transfer are somehow faulty?

8. mdowden

mdowden New Member

Jan 26, 2006
    I've seen that problem happen with DIVX .avi files. You can look in the wspc.xml located in the Apps Data folder and it will tell you if there was a problem with the format. It says something like format supported, yes/no.

9. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I found that file, but there is nothing in there regarding the failed transfers. It only has my most recent activities in there (Cooks Illustrated podcast).

I will try transferring again and see if anything appears.