Tivo Desktop Plus download and updates?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by m_jonis, Jan 1, 2015.

1. m_jonis

m_jonis Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Albany, NY

Advertisements

I purchased the Desktop Plus a long time ago (2008). I still have the email with the serial # and download link.

The problem?

The download link is no longer valid, and the only links I can find on Tivo's site require me to purchase it again. There's no updates (like the 2.8.3 patch) that I can find downloadable.

Is there even a support website for downloading the updates? Since it requires a serial # to function, I don't know why Tivo doesn't have it on their website as downloadable without having to re-purchase from the Tivo Store.

Their support page:
    http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2675

has a link to:

www.tivo.com/desktop
    which isn't valid anymore and instead takes you to:
    https://www.tivo.com/shop/accessories

TIA.

2. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Call Tivo.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
  4. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    It doesn't require a serial number to function. Without a serial number, it just reverts to being TiVo Desktop rather than TiVo Desktop Plus. And TiVo doesn't want to support TiVo Desktop anymore, so they don't want to distribute it. Although, as noted, they still do -- it's just obscure now.

5. m_jonis

m_jonis Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Albany, NY

Advertisements

Thank you.

It wouldn't be that big of a deal if Tivo would have "stream" to pc. Yeah, I could setup pyTivo and all that, but it's kinda a PITA to have to rip/decode/etc to burn to DVD as well.

But it works for the time being, thank you again.

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    FYI VideoReDo can do this all in one step. It can open .tivo files directly and then you can edit them and save them directly to DVD. :)