1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TiVo Desktop+ owners - call TiVo and complain

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by lpwcomp, Jan 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    As most of you know, Push has been broken since August.

Officially, TiVo still claims to be working on the problem, just that it has low priority as there supposedly haven't been all that many complaints.

I urge all TD+ owners to call and complain. You are the only ones who have standing to do so. Maybe you can get them to raise the priority or at least admit that they are not really going to fix it.

Mikeguy likes this.
  2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Is the feature broken, or no longer supported/abandoned? From posts here, I thought the latter, in which case, good luck with TiVo.

Note that this is not just an issue for TiVo Desktop Plus users--it also applies to TiVo Desktop (non-Plus) users, as well as pyTivo users.

edit/correction: Per the below, does not apply to TiVo Desktop unpaid.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  3. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Only TiVo Desktop Plus could do pushes so it shouldn't impact users of the free version.

Scott

4. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    I stand corrected, thanks.

I've always been confused about this and admittedly haven't used TiVo Desktop (non-Plus) for many years. I had reached your above conclusion earlier, but then was told here that I should be able to push with TiVo Desktop (non-Plus). Totally perplexed by this, I went to pyTivo instead. ;)

5. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    According to some users, TiVo still claims to be working on it, just that it has very low priority. In all likelihood, this is a lie but it is worth a shot on the off chance that they are actually working on it.

See this post in the TiVo support forums.

6. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Am happy to lodge my concern with TiVo. Honestly, I thought that this was a done deal, officially. Thanks for bringing this up.

For all other users, hopefully you can proceed likewise!

7. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Not sure who told you that here but it wasn't correct. ;)

Scott

8. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    Yep, I ultimately concluded that likely was the case, and moved on to pyTivo; but thanks for confirming.

9. HoosontheTeevo

HoosontheTeevo New Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Hello. I have just upped my roamio hard drive and have many shows I off loaded to win7 pc - and now would like to push shows back to my tivo.
    there is no longer a "push" button/command on kmttg/pytivo - though I had not used it alot so maybe i'm not doing it right? I can 'pull' one at a time from the tivo 'now playing' - but i have hundreds of shows and those menus/controls are clunky/slow/horrible from the tivo side - I really need the kmttg push capability (via pytivo tool) . Wasn't there a "push" button up at the top right in 2.2j? (i'm not running 2.2m)?

Is pytivo/kmttg push dead? or is there some work around?

who should I complain to? being able to push and pull shows - with the excellent kmttg/pytivo programs are a big part of why i love a use Tivo to manage my fios content that i pay for as I see fit inside my household.

thanks for any help/info.

10. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Push has been pretty much dead since last August and support for it was recently removed from pyTivo and kmttg(which uses pyTivo for push).

TiVo claims to be "working" on it but it has a low priority. Most people, including me, think this is a lie, but anything is possible. Only TiVo Desktop+ owners have standing to call and complain as pyTivo is not supported by them, which is why I created this topic in the first place.

11. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    I don't mean to be argumentative, lpwcomp, but has TiVo ever expressed antagonism towards pyTivo? I thought I've seen TiVo express an openness towards software like pyTivo, and so I would think that pyTivo users likewise should contact TiVo politely, especially where TiVo cancelled TiVo Desktop Plus admittedly without making its own alternative available.

12. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Not being antagonistic is nowhere near offering support, especially considering that Ira Bahr indicated in August that TiVo doesn't officially support PC<->TiVo transfers at all. Interesting how that was right about the time that push started having problems.

There's only a small chance that calling in and complaining that TD+ doesn't work right will help. There's zero chance that complaining about push via a third party app will.

13. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    I guess I like the illusion that TiVo wants me to be happy in being able to fully use my box, even if it means that I sub in a mega hard drive or use pyTivo to access it. My guess is, some in TiVo really do (but that may be my illusion acting up again).

14. tivoknucklehead

tivoknucklehead Active Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    not going to waste my time, its not worth it. Push is dead and I haven't been able to link my tivo account either so for me pull from tivo is dead too. and onepass for streaming shows is dead too. tivo has been a disaster since the Rovi merger

15. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    You do not need to link your account to pull in either direction.

16. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    at the same time push died, my main tivo became invisible in Tivo desktop 2.8.3 so I can no longer transfer any shows to my PC. Since I cannot link to my tivo account I assumed this was the cause. all I can do now is manually transfer .mp4 and .avi files from my PC to my Tivo

17. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    My Roamio boxes are using RC15. Desktop+ 2.8.3 on my Windows 8.1 computer has never lost the ability to transfer .tivo files. No music, no video push, but the basic stuff still works.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  18. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    And how exactly are you transferring those recordings?

19. tivoknucklehead

Dec 12, 2002
    Orlando Florida
    my tivo still recognizes 2.8.3, the problem is my 2.8.3 does not recognize my Tivo Roamio

20. lpwcomp

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    That is a different issue and has nothing whatever to do with the inability to link to your account.