TiVo Desktop now works just one-way for me

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by GWKino, May 5, 2018.

1. GWKino

GWKino New Member

May 5, 2018

Advertisements

I apologize if this has been covered before/elsewhere, but I thought I'd ask this before switching to mkttg or similar solutions.

I have a Premiere and have been happily transferring programs back and forth to my computer, which I use as an archive, until recently. I can still transfer to my computer by using TiVo Desktop Plus. On my Premiere, when I go to My Shows and open my computer, it says: "The FOO PC's Now Playing List could not be displayed because it is unavailable. Press LEFT to return to the My Shows List."

I have changed nothing, including the location of "My TiVo Recordings" and oddly, the Premiere is happy to show me the contents of "My Pictures" and "My Music" on my PC.

Since 1.) I haven't changed the location of "My TiVo Recordings", 2.) TiVo Desktop Plus still transfers recordings from my TiVo and 3.) my TiVo sees "My Pictures" etc., I'm wondering if TiVo has dropped support for TiVo Desktop Plus for Premiere units.

I'm running software version 20.7.4.RC29-748-2-748.

Thanks.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Tivo has dropped support for Desktop a while ago, but it should still work. Its not a Tivo service call issue.

Try reboot the Tivo, then Go to the Network Settings Menu and Get it to connect to Tivo Service (to re-enable transfer ability, following a reboot. Eventually, it will transfer again once connected, but this is faster.)

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If it broke on or after 4/2/18, then please read this thread for the fix -> "Now Playing List Not Available"