Tivo Desktop not transferring

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by philiog, Sep 1, 2007.

1. philiog

philiog New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    I have my DVR (Tivo series 2) setup with a wired USB200M, like Tivo recommended. Tivo is working fine and downloading info correctly but my Tivo Desktop will not transfer recordings without getting the message "Connection cancelled by remote host" or "Media Access Key in DVR does not match key in Tivo Desktop" but they do match. Is there something I am not setting up correctly in the router (Linksys WRT54G) or something I am missing on my account. I can't find anything wrong with either.

Thanks for any help!

2. weetoots

weetoots New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii
    I am also getting the same error message. " An existing connection was forceably closed by the remote host." :confused:
    Who is the remote host?
    I have lots of HD space, wireless is operating 100%.
    In the Tivo Server, what should I set the "Maximum cache size" to?
    Desktop 2.5, Tivo series 2, Windoes XP home
    Thanks,
    Al

3. philiog

philiog New Member

Sep 1, 2007
    I found that when I turned off the firewall it worked fine. If you have an added firewall besides the windows firewall, that is probably the problem. I had ti turn off the Forceware ActiveArmor firewall that came with my video card and left the Windows firewall on and it worked fine. You will have to put Tivo in the firewall exceptions but it should work. If not try turning off the firewall completely while you are downloading and it should work.