Tivo Desktop error--help?

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by JeffGreen, Dec 8, 2006.

1. JeffGreen

JeffGreen New Member

Dec 8, 2006

Advertisements

Hi all. Newbie forum member here. Tried posting this in the general Help section but no responses so far....

I've had relatively little trouble over the past 6 months with my TiVo Desktop---until today. Now when I try to list programs to transfer from my TiVo to my PC, I receive the following error message:

"There was an error while attempting to retrieve data from the selected DVR.
    Not enough storage is available to process this command."

My question is: Is this referring to storage on the TiVo unit? Or my PC? Because my PC has about 50GB free on one drive, and 7GB free on the other. If it's on the TiVo unit, does that mean I have to delete some stuff first before the TiVo Desktop will be able to list the remaining programs? I've tried to delete a few shows already, with no luck.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jeff

2. burneyj5

burneyj5 New Member

Nov 22, 2006
    It is most likely a problem with the new 8.1 update. I am having problems transferring as well. Had no problems before update. There are numerous similar problems noted in these forums, maybe Tivo will fix these problems soon.

3. RedMan8

RedMan8 Member

Sep 30, 2005
  4. JeffGreen

JeffGreen New Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Ahhh...I have not tried rebooting the TiVo itself! Will give that a shot...thank you!

--Jeff

5. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...

Advertisements

Wow, the search worked and I found a solution! Yippee! :D